Thursday, December 08, 2005

I am Back!

I know it has been quite a long time since I posted on this blog. Since the fasting month to be exact, and that is way too long! What can I say? Too many things to do ... and too little time to do it! A cliche, yes, but that is the sad fact. Thanks to Jon, at least the blog is still somewhat alive.

I am happy to have met quite a number of the gang during that time, though. Some pre-arranged, while at least two, were unplanned.

It was good catching up with Adillah, Pah, Sham, Shamp, Norsiah, and of course, Jay, who I bump into every now and then (because we live nearby) and a few others (sorry if I missed out your name. Poor memory. A natural consequence of aging!) Also I was pleasantly surprised to bump into Noshi at the recent Bicara Minda with Kak Ijat at Panpac. It has been more than a year since I met her, i.e. since the last reunion. We were lucky because it was free seating and we were able to sit together and talk about ourselves, our work, the happenings, and better yet, (ahem!) exchange gossip and bitch! No, I am pulling your leg. We are too nice to do that! Also met Opah there, but she came later and sat with her colleagues from Telekom.

Anyway, all these remind me that we must have another planned get together soon. Some have mentioned the Putrajaya cruise. Maybe that will be good, though I may get seasick! Last I was on a boat like that was some 25 years ago, on a cruise along the Nile! Not sure whether I can find my sea-legs again after all that time. Mazrah, Fidz, do you remember that one! Still have the photos (sigh!)

I have started the arrangements for the 30th Reunion CDs to be duplicated, as requested. Will endevour to get it done up nicely, complete with the nice CD covers and labels. Semi-pro, gitu! Hope there is still a budget for it. Ada lagi ke, Jon?

Moving forward, I would like to take up Jon's proposal (or was it Jay's or Hafiz's) to do another one on the Sisters of 74, this time with photos of all (if possible) our girls and their updates. Better yet, if we can get everyone to submit a video of themselves giving their updates personally. Well, we can discuss the details, but its worth a shot. (Ani Che Dan, yang ni kalau your hubby nak copy for his Batch, kena bayar royalty!) Any ideas, anyone? Caution though, you tend to look much bigger in the videos, so I better start going back to the gym!!!)

Let's start the ball rolling, in time for the next reunion. Otherwise there won't be enough time to complete this Project.

I have to go. Dah lapar ni. Salaams to all.

1 comment:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Come on ..... Kasma, I think you are contradicting yourself. After the white water rafting in Sabah, what is the calm, gentle water of Putrajaya Lake to you.

And yes, we still have some to meet your budget, though I have to inform the other co-holders before releasing it. Just inform me how much.

AniCD told us about what happened to you, I hope you are on the mend.