Monday, January 29, 2007

1428 or 2007 ... Its the New Year Already!

Contrary to the old adage, Time really flies, whether or not you are having fun! It is already the 10th of Muharam today, and the 29th day of the Gregorian new year. And throughout all this time, I have been sooooo ... busy! Well, although I did manage to squeeze in time to attend Zah's (Che Ngah) son's wedding reception and do some collection for the flood victims in Johor.
I realise that I am really tired. Ani (CD), tell me how you find so much energy to do what you do? I mean, has anyone taken a really close look at Ani? Every time we meet, she has so much exuberance and joie de vivre that it appears as if she is still 17!
It really is time to take stock of my fitness level, and do some serious exercising. It is so embarrasing, my lack of exercise I mean, especially since my husband is trainer to the ( ahem!)rich and famous. So, to take up from where I left off during Ramadan last year, I am now seriously pushing for the Belly Dance classes. I spoke to the instructor yesterday, and she asked me for specifics i.e. times, day, etc. The number of students don't matter to her, since she charges a flat rate for private classes (RM250 per class). All it means is that we each pay less if there are more of us. So here it is again, my pitch to all of you. Apart from those who expressed interest previously, anyone interested in some fun-filled, health benefitting activity? All women in the class, and you can wear whatever you feel comfortable in, so there are no issues on that score.
Aah, but I digress. Going back to the title for this posting, what I wanted to say was, it is the time of year when people make resolutions, usually to break them, and I missed the occassion! But you don't need an occassion to resolve for a better and more meaningful life, so here goes Resolution number 1 - take better care of my health, starting with some exercise regime a.k.a the belly dance class. There is a lot more I need to do, especially now that I (or we?) am pushing 50 (what? already?), and that includes the spiritual aspects of life.
So, ladies, if you are interested, (the exercise class, I mean) do call me. Or sms or email. Whatever suits you. I need to get your feedback on schedules, suitable days, location, etc.
By the way, Jon, that was a lovely piece in your last posting. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the special list. We meet so many people on this journey of Life, but there are some who have touched our lives, left lasting impressions, and even shaped the course of our lives. Apart from the obvious ones like parents, teachers, good friends (like the sisters of 74!) , spouse, there are unsung heroes who have left an indelible mark. And for some reasons, there are even some who cannot be mentioned.
I know this someone who told me exactly this, " Failure is not in falling down, but in staying down." He told me that phrase when I dropped out of medical school, and although my then spouse (Allahyarham Sheik Izuddin) was there for me, I needed to hear that from an unbiased party, one who was apparently not clouded by emotions or sentiments and could see me for the person I really was (or am). Those few words kept me going and I am glad to say that person is one of those on that special list, who have touched my life and helped me shape my future. Thank you BigBro!
Alamak, sentimental lah pulak! Anyway, it may not be too late to wish all of you Happy New Hijrah Year!

No comments: