Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Good to Be Back

Aah ... its good to be able to sit down with my laptop and start connecting with my friends again. I have been away since August 24th, for a long awaited break from work, and after that I was in Kota Kinabalu with most of my colleagues for a team building cum holiday retreat.

The break was good. Time spent with family is always wonderful although this time it was tinged with sadness since my cousin, Sazali, passed away that Saturday morning in Penang, when he succumbed to dengue haemorrhagic fever. He was all of 30. As a result, the wedding reception for another cousin took a back seat. I think I shall write about Sazali's passing in another posting, if I am up to it.
The KK trip, though short, was pretty tiring. I didn't realise KK was THAT hot and humid! I was practically melting! Thank God for the rafting trip at the rather "gentle" Kiulu River, which is categorised as Grade 1 to 2. Was told by the guide that it is good for beginners, families with children and the not too adventurous (?). That was my second experience at white water rafting, the first being at Jeram Besu, which I was told is a Grade 2 to 4, and fast gaining popularity as one of the most challenging white water-rafting areas in the country. Gradings aside, I felt I certainly had more adrenalin gushing when I was doing Jeram Besu.
Anyway, gentle or not, my muscles ached from all that rowing, almost 10 km, I was told. Must be from lack of exercise, and also the fact that we all didn't do any warm-ups before all that rowing! And, sigh, probably age as well!!!
If there was anything I missed about beimng away from home, it was the food. I guess the locals do not like very "padas" food and Mis Hot Pallete here certainly fopund the food rather bland. So, for 4 days, I was practically starving!
I apologise if I haven't been answering emails all this while. Didn't feel like lugging around my laptop, and wasn't inclined to be holed up in some internet station. And K Ruby, if you are reading this, sorry I didn't respond to your request regarding the discussion on the tkcoga blog.
Also wanted to congratulate the group on the increased traffic to our blog. Way to go, girls! Now, it would be even better if you start your postings, right? :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kasma,

Heyy! Welcome back.

I agree KK is super hot and humid. Similarly Labuan. It must be the location and its vicinity to the sea.

No wonder I have not heard from you. Anyway take care. Lets get the ball rolling again.

Need info on vit c personally from you. I have received a number of mails both pros and cons from fellow TKCians.

My mail rubyahmad@gmail.com

Love,
K Ruby.