Thursday, January 13, 2005

In My Mind

I can't help it. Each time I think of one of us, I get a mental picture of the 17 year old girl! For example, I see Hafiz in her checked blouse and blue skirt with a cloth shoulder bag (was that your uniform, Fiz?), I see Maizan in her pastel blue ballet (or dance?) costume and tights with tendrils in her hair, and I see Atel with her pink, roundish spectacle frames, baby tee and dark brown bogart pants!
Forgive me, but am I caught in a time freeze here? Sure, after the last reunion, I know what you all look like now, but what registers in my mind is still a thumbnail of the way we all were! Or is it wishful hoping? Or worse, denial? Nash, Zas and the other psychiatrists, help me out here ...
Lets just examine some of the others ...
Siti Mariah in pigtails and pinafore.
Ani Che Dan in a prefect blazer and skirt (can't seem to remeber what else you wear Ani. Or did you wear anything else at all?)
(Datin) Adillah in a man's shirt and pants, complete with two side pony tails.
Opi in a shirt/blouse and (usually) black kain.
Jay in baju kurung combined with kain batik (only a Johorian wears that, Jay!)
Shikin in baby tee and skirt.
Ju in TKC t-shirt and green katak (KTK la) shorts.
I wonder if the rest of you experience the same thing?

No comments: