Sunday, January 30, 2005

We are Go!

I am quite excited that Hafidz and Jay have accepted the invite to sign up as members for this blog! And Hafidz even submitted her first posting, as promised! Looks like there is hope yet for this blog. And I am sure that when Jay can negotiate with her kids for the use of the computer, we can expect her posting too.
Some of the gang told me that they didn't really understand what a blog is. The word "blog" is short for weblog, which is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Although it can be maintained as a diary of daily events, stuff you do, etc., it can be designed to be a journal, of your thoughts, opinions, issues, etc. In other words, you choose what you want your blog to be! And with the many personalities that we have among us, I am hopeful that ours will be a blog to be proud of.
To the rest of you who have yet to receive my invites and would like to submit your posting, please email me personally so I can speed it up.
I also noticed that the traffic to this site is beginning to pick up. This can be seen from the sitemeter which I have placed at the bottom of the page. Thank you all, for your support and congratulations!!!
To borrow the words from Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon, this blog is one small step for mankind, one giant leap for the Class of 74!

No comments: