Thursday, January 13, 2005

Its About Time We did This ...

Firstly, I have to apologise for being so presumptious. I mean, I have taken the liberty to start a blog for our batch of 74 without consulting any of you. That in itself, could be construed as a huge violation of everyone else's right, not to mention the fact that it it highly undemocratic!

I know that we already have a newsgroup in Yahoo which was started by Jay, Jon, Aki, Hafiz, if I remember correctly, together with a few others whose names I may have missed (a thousand apologies!). I think that was a grand idea where we can share news, information, etc among us. But I began to notice that some postings in there can be quite long, so I tend to speed-read or even skip them entirely as I scan my emails. That means I sometimes miss a good read!

And so, I thought I will start a blog where those of us who have some thoughts, stories, issues or anecdotes to share, can do so. And those who wish to express themselves or be creative, can have a free rein on the amount of space (or time).

I remember people like Zid , for instance, used to have such creativity in expression that even our poor semonel English teacher, Mrs Lee, cried as she read her poem!

And so, I have taken the liberty (again?) to personally invite some of the ladies who, I feel, either have a lot to say, have an ineresting way of saying it, have plenty of opinion on issues, have a sense of humor, or are just plain creative, as members of the blog. Of course, this move was also prompted by the fact that I couldn't find the time to key in everyone's email! But for the rest of you, you know you are equally expected to join us. (Oooh ... I am such a dictator!!!). Ahem, I mean join us, please? Its quite simple, I think. If you didn't receive a personal invite via email, just click on the comments link at the bottom of this posting. You will be prompted to register if you don't already have a blogger account.

Personally, I find blogging can be fun. It has been so long since I had the reason and avenue to get the creative juices flowing and to flex the writing urge again. Blogging helps me do that, and its quite enjoyable. I have my own personal blog, and I am not surprised if many others in our group have their own as well! But I am a closet blogger, so that one is limited circulation only!

So, ladies, what say you? Another forum for self expression is now available to you. A word of caution, though ... It can get quite addictive!!!

No comments: